You are here : Home
- Inauguration of RUSA funded Conference Hall, Academic Block and Computer Lab
- Setting up of the Open Gymnasium
- Initiation of M.A. Business Economics course
- Initiation of B.Voc Applied Accountancy and Taxation
- Grand Finale of Golden Jubilee Celebration
- Inauguration of Research Center in Home Science
- NAAC Accreditation (Third Cycle).College Accreditted with A Grade
- Dr.Sr.Rosily A.V. takes charge as Principal
- Inauguration of Golden Jubilee celebrations
- Sanction for Research Centre in Home Science
- Additional Skill Acquisition Programme was initiated
- Consumer Protection Award for Best College
- Award of honour from IMA and Regional Blood Bank
- University level award for best NSS unit
- Started two student support programmes - Walk With a Scholar (WWS) and Student Support Programme (SSP)- aided by Higher Education Department of Kerala Government
- Renovated Canteen started functioning
- Water harvesting system installed
- Installed CCTV
- Sanction for B.A.English (Self Financing)
- College Library and Chapel renovated
- Started DCA (Diploma in Computer Applications)
- Sanction for B.Com.(Finance and Taxation)-Model I
- Started a Certificate Course in Tally
- Introduced different clubs for the overall development of students
- The college gets a face lift. The Main Block is renovated and modernized
- Sanction for M.Sc. Physics (Self Financing) and M.Sc.Chemistry (Self Financing)
- The college Administrative Office gets renovated and fully computerized
- Department of Home Science along with their UG and PG classes get shifted to Nazareth Home Science Institute building
- Short Course in Home Science came under the Department of Home Science
- Inauguration of the renovated Hostel
- Started a Career Oriented Add-on Course in Communicative English. started Language Lab for this purpose
- Assessment and Re-accreditation by NAAC. The college gets B Grade with a CGPA of 2.8/4
- The college gets Best College Award from Malayali Chamber
- Expansion of Economics Block. Department of Economics is shifted to a new staff room
- Entrepreneurship Development Club started
- Youth Red Cross Unit started
- Sr. Alphonsa M.K. takes charge as Principal.
- Sanction for M.Sc. Zoology (Self financing).
- AICUF unit started.
- Fitness Club started functioning.
- Sr. Cicily Jose (Sr. Leatus CSN) takes charge as Principal.
- Expansion of the College Hostel.
- Introduced Basic Certificate Course in Yoga.
- The Department of Economics organized the first International Seminar.
- The college gets accredited by NAAC at Three Star Level.
- Sanction for M.Sc. Home Science.
- The college secures State Award for the Best NSS Unit.
- Ms. Elsamma V.V. gets State Award for Best NSS Programme Officer.
- Introduction of the Yoga Centre.
- First UGC sponsored State Level Seminar organized by the Department of Zoology
- Sanction for B.Sc. Physics (Vocational).
- Sanction for B.Sc. Chemistry (Vocational).
- Sr. Isabell takes charge as Principal.
- Sanction for B.A. Economics.
- 'Chethana'-a training programme for the mothers of our students- is started to commemorate the services of Sr. Lourdes, former Principal.
- Nazareth Home Science Institute is shifted to a new building in the same campus.
- Inauguration of the Library Block.
- Sanction for B.Sc. Zoology.
- Formation of Nature Club.
- Introduced'Grahadarshan'- an intercollegiate training programme - to commemorate the services of Sr. Loyola CSN, former Principal.
- Sr. Lourdes takes charge as Principal.
- Introduction of Save-a-Star, a project aimed at extending financial support to the needy students.
- Silver Jubilee Year of the College.
- Silver Jubilee Memorial Auditorium is blessed and inaugurated.
- Department of Physical Education introduced.
- Mahatma Gandhi University comes into existence.
- The College gets affiliated to Mahatma Gandhi University.
- Women's Cell and Career Guidance Cell are formed.
- Science Block with four Laboratories and classrooms inaugurated.
- Commencement of Pre Degree Course with two batches in Science and one batch in Arts.
- The Diploma and Short Courses in Home Science got bifurcated from the college and started anew as Nazareth Home Science Institute.
- PTA, Alumni Association and Planning Forum are formed.
- College comes under Direct Payment System.
- Starting of National Service Scheme (NSS).
- The new Hostel building, aided by UGC, is inaugurated.
- Sr. Loyola reassumes charge as Principal.
- College is renamed as Morning Star Home Science College.
- Started B.Sc. Degree Course in Home Science affiliated to Kerala University.
- Ms. Mary Pothen, former Principal of SIET College, Madras is appointed as Principal.
- The two Year Diploma Course started in 1963 got reduced to one year.
- Two batches of a Short Course of three months duration also started.
- Sr. Loyola CSN takes charge as Principal.
- Inauguration of Home Science College by His Eminence Joseph Cardinal Parecattil on 4th July.
- Started a two year Diploma Course in Home Science with 12 students.
- Sr. Teresitta CSN assumes charge as the first Principal.
UG/PG Admissions for 2023
University Rank holders 2023
Excellence Award for Morning Star Home Science College
NAAC Accreditation 'A++' for Morning Star College
MG University Powerlifting Champions 2023
Shashi Tharoor in Morning Star
COPYRIGHT (C) 2019 MORNING STAR HOME SCIENCE COLLEGE ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.